Worksheet for Greenhouse Effect 101 Video
Everyone needs to know the basic science of the Greenhouse Effect. The Greenhouse Effect shows how CO2 is raising the average temperature of the globe, changing the climate in new and dangerous ways.
Objective: You will be able to:
-describe and explain the seven steps of the Greenhouse Effect.
-name the human activities which emit CO2 into the air (from largest to smallest percent of total human emissions).
-explain the importance of rising CO2 in the air.
1) How do humans emit CO2 into the air?
2) What is the Greenhouse Effect?
3) How does the Greenhouse Effect explain why the globe is warming and the climate is changing?
1) List the human activities which emit CO2 into the air.
2) Write the percent of total carbon emissions for each carbon-emitting human activity.
3) What is the Greenhouse Effect?
4) Why is the globe warming and the climate is changing?
5) Sunlight _________ the ground.
6) The heated ground releases IR, or ________________ _______________________ up into the air.
7) The Carbon Dioxide in the atmosphere absorbs and re-emits some of the IR. (True or False)
8) The Carbon Dioxide in the atmosphere takes in the IR and then sends the IR back out. (True or False)
9) The CO2 sends some of the rising ________ back down to the ground.
10) The returning IR turns back to ____________.
11) The returning IR raises the average temperature of the globe, changing the ____________________ in new and dangerous ways.
12) In the last 100 years, CO2 in the atmosphere rose from ______ ppm
to ________ ppm. (ppm= parts per million)
13) Why is Climate Change a big problem?